WHAT TO DO IF MY TOOTH IS CRACKED ?
CONTACT AN EMERGENCY DENTIST IN SUMMERLIN !
It's a Saturday afternoon, and you and your husband are having a lovely meal. As you take a mouthful of your sandwich, it suddenly cracks! You're not sure what just happened at first. However, you are aware that there is a little piece of something missing, and you can detect a sharp edge with your tongue. So, what's next?
You say "I need a dentist near me as soon as possible"!
As frightening as a broken tooth might be, you'll be relieved to learn that there are several easy treatment methods available at Summerlin Dental Solutions to return your smile to its previous function and look. But, in the meantime, keep reading to learn what to do if you shatter a tooth and how to repair it.
What Should You Do If Your Tooth Is Cracked?
When it comes to emergency dental care, it's in your best advantage to act quickly to improve your chances of a good outcome. Call an emergency dentist in Summerlin right away so we can help you through the next steps and get you in as soon as possible.
Here are some things you can do at home until you can visit your Summerlin dentist, whether you've only cracked your tooth or broken a portion of it off:
- Rinse your mouth with warm water gently. If there is any bleeding, gently press the area with a clean piece of gauze, damp paper towel, or a wet tea bag.
– Cover an ice pack in a towel and place it on the outside of your lip or cheek for 20 minutes at a time to alleviate discomfort or swelling.
– You can also get quick pain relief by using an over-the-counter pain medication.
– You can use temporary dental cement from the drugstore if you can't go to the dentist immediately. If the inner section of the tooth, where the nerve is located, has been exposed by the damage, this can provide some protection from food debris and germs until your Summerlin Dental visit.
What Can Be Done to Restore the Tooth?
It's reasonable to be concerned about the therapy choices available to you once your injury has been stabilized.
Your Summerlin dentist will make a decision depending on your specific condition, which will mostly rely on whether you've fractured or fully shattered the tooth. Listed below are a few options:
- A crown at Summerlin Dental Solutions can restore the size, form, and strength of a fractured tooth. The crown will be color-matched to your existing teeth, blending in perfectly with your smile. You will never know you had a problem!
- White filling material can be used to either restore the lost section of the tooth or seal up the break in a reasonably surface crack or fracture.
- A root canal and crown may be required to heal the damage if the break is serious and has reached the nerve of the tooth.
Dental crises are never nice, but they're now simpler to deal with than ever before thanks to modern dentistry and Summerlin Dental Solutions. Rest confident that we'll discover the best dental solution for you, and you'll quickly forget you ever had a tooth shattered in the first place!
Get to Know the Dentist
Dr. Marianne Cohan was voted The Best Dentist/ Dental Office and Best Cosmetic Dentist from The Las Vegas Review Journal in 2020 and 2021. She received her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1992.
With an emphasis on cosmetic, complete makeovers and implant dentistry, Dr. Cohan is committed to continuing education and feels that we never stop learning. Dr. Cohan takes pride in using high powered magnification to perform minimally invasive restorative dentistry. She uses all of the latest technological advances including digital radiography, digital photography, computer simulations and high-resolution pictures of proposed treatment on 55 inch screens. She also utilizes CBCT (cone beam) and laser technology. Dr. Cohan is always available to her patients and is available for any dental emergency.